In the latest episode of Inside Accountancy, Accountancy Age’s Managing Editor Austin Clark talks to Luke Hamm, CEO of innovation tax specialist GovGrant about the recently published HMRC statistics on R&D tax credits.
While these latest figures show that the number of claims by UK businesses is increasing, much more needs to be done to encourage more organisations to take advantage of the credits available – with the UK still way behind our major competitors when it comes to government expenditure on R&D support.
In this entertaining podcast, we discuss:
- Why now is the time for government to turbocharge the R&D tax credit programme and the need for more innovation
- The dangers if the UK government doesn’t do more
- How businesses of all sizes are missing out – and the opportunity for accountants to advise clients
- The regional problem
- Why the big four need to take some of the blame for the issue
- The way forward to ensure the UK plays catch-up
For more thoughts on the R&D Tax Credit situation click here.
Listen and subscribe to our podcasts on Blubrry, Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts.
Blubrry | Spotify | Apple podcasts | Google Podcasts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:55 — 68.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email |